Join us in making football history!
The FIFA World Football Museum in Zurich, which is due to open its doors to fans from all over the world in the first quarter of 2016, will offer a wealth of fascinating information, stir emotional memories and showcase unique exhibits from the history of football. With its special displays, fascinating events and attractive range of food, the museum is sure to become a magnet for tourists visiting Zurich as well as a lively meeting place for young and old alike.
To enhance our growing team, we are looking for a highly motivated, committed and proactive
Learning & Public Programmes Coordinator (f/m), 100% to join us on 1 October 2015 or by arrangement.
- Develop and deliver high-quality learning and participation programmes (family & school activities, workshops & courses, talks & tours, games & competitions, etc.) around the museum’s permanent collections and themed temporary exhibitions for a wide range of visitors of different ages, backgrounds and knowledge levels
- Liaise with schools, teachers and higher-education institutions, as well as with football and sporting organisations, to boost the exposure of the museum’s collections and activities and establish and maintain a network of useful and productive partnerships
- Create and develop teaching resources (on-site and online) and events
- Work with storytellers, athletes, sports managers, craftspeople, artists, etc. to deliver a diverse activity programme
- Engage and work with the museum’s sales and guest services teams to develop and promote the museum and the events programme
- Safeguard supplies and resources associated with visitor events so as to ensure efficient daily operations of programmes that meet financial targets
- Conduct evaluations of events to provide information for improving practices and the efficiency of programmes
- Educated to degree level or any equivalent combination of proven experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of developing and delivering learning and public programmes, gained within sports organisations and/or museums and/or educational institutions (classroom teaching experience an advantage)
- Creative, innovative and energetic personality, brings exciting ideas that encourage creativity and curiosity to fruition
- Enjoyment of sport, passion and knowledge of football in particular is a must for this position
- Meticulous with excellent research, presentation and organisational skills
- Strong all-round communicator and flexible as a team member
- Knowledge of Swiss national education curriculum an advantage
- Training and mentoring skills
- Dexterity with the use of audio-visual technology and computers
- Willing to work weekends, holidays and occasional evenings depending on museum programming and events
- German native speaker and excellent spoken & written English (additional languages would be advantageous)
You can look forward to a multi-faceted position in a stimulating environment. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of creating the FIFA World Football Museum.
Want to find out more about this exciting role? Then apply online!
FIFA Museum AG, Ms Lotte Elderhorst, HR Manager, Seestrasse 37, 8027 Zurich, Switzerland